Crawl. Scoot. Roll. Whatever it takes to cross the Finish Line!
The annual New York City Triathlon Diaper Derby kicks-off the Verizon New York City Triathlon weekend. Bring your diaper-clad youngster to go for the gold.
2019 event registration is now open to the first 30 applicants. A confirmation email will be sent to verified registrants. Full details will be provided prior to race weekend. Good luck!
The New York City Triathlon Diaper Derby
Date: Friday, July 19, 2019
Location: NY Hilton Midtown | Rhinelander Promenade
1335 6th Ave, 2nd Floor
Check in: 12:30 p.m.
Event Start: 1:00 p.m.
This cutthroat competition hosts 30 future triathletes in a single-elimination tournament. Youngsters must crawl 10 feet, past hundreds of flashing cameras, ravenous parents and smiling spectators to victory across the Finish Line! Winners of each heat will have the chance to crawl for the gold in the championship round.
Since 2001, this event draws media attention from around the world and is destined to sell-out in minutes.
Like any competitive sport, our little participants must abide a select set of event rules:
- The NYC Triathlon Diaper Derby is open to all babies that can crawl, but not use their two little legs to walk quite yet.
- Participants are only allowed to crawl, scoot or roll. Standing and walking is a total no-no and will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Any motivational strategy can be used: parents can wave stuffed animals, cell phones or keys to entice their lil tot to cross the finish line.
- Only one parent or cheerleader on either end of the mat to motivate the athlete.
- Parents are NOT allowed to push, pull or touch their children while they are on the mat. Life Time Race Officials will be watching!
- To win, babies must fully cross the Finish Line.
- Please, little guys and gals, there is no award for drooling the most on the mat!
- Registration is free, although parents/guardians must sign a liability waiver and be present for Race Day.
- In order to be eligible, all contestants must wear the race “uniform” provided at check-in.
Trophies and prize packs will be awarded to:
- The Diaper Derby Champion: She/He who conquers all!
- The Party Pooper Award: The child with the most epic of meltdowns.