We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate the current COVID-19 situation. The health and safety of our participants, volunteers, vendors, community and team members is our top priority as we continue to monitor the rapidly changing situation on a global, national, regional and local level.
At this time it is still our goal to host the 2020 Verizon New York City Triathlon in July. Our team is constantly monitoring updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local government. We have determined that it is too early to make any decision regarding canceling or rescheduling. However, we also realize that many of our athletes, spectators, and sponsors travel in from out of town. Therefore, if a decision is made to reschedule or cancel an event, please know that we will update you with as much advance notice as is possible.
Now more than ever, we encourage you to continue prioritizing your own health and well-being. The CDC and World Health Organization are asking everyone to also prioritize good hygiene:
- Wash your hands frequently, and for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water to protect yourself and others from germs
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Keep your hands away from your face, because germs routinely spread when a person touches something contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth
- Practice social-distancing as much as possible, following regularly updated guidelines from local authorities
Moving forward, we are committed to monitoring this situation, continuing open communication, and doing our part to keep communities safe. It is our goal to continue to offer you an amazing event experience.
While we know these are challenging and uncertain times, we encourage our athletes to harness their passion and skills to make decisions that help us all find normalcy both in our day-to-day lives and within our triathlon community. While this situation is dynamic, and can be overwhelming, remember that your fitness goals can still remain a priority. Stay tuned as we work to provide ways we can all stay motivated and connected.
We want nothing more than to see our way through this difficult moment – and welcome you at the start line in July so that you can tackle the Big Apple!
Thank you for your continued support. Never stop Tri’ing!
*Last updated 3.19.2020 4:30 PM ET.
On your marks, get set, go!
The drawing for the 2020 Verizon New York City Triathlon (July 19, 2020) lottery took place on Monday, January 13, 2020.
If you missed the application window or did not get selected through the drawing, you are still invited to participate in the 2020 Verizon New York City Triathlon! You may opt to register for the VIP Champions Club — NOW OPEN — or to race with select official charity teams.
Why a lottery? Due to construction on the course scheduled to occur through 2024 by the city of New York, we have moved to a reduced field size of 2500 athletes in order to maintain the exceptional experience for which this triathlon is known. We are excited about the upcoming course and venue changes, but want to ensure we provide a safe and fun event for all participants. In order to provide the most fair registration opportunity for all athletes we have moved to a lottery system.
Volunteer in 2020. Receive Discounted Priority Registration for 2021.
We couldn’t put on a world-class event like ours without the help of our volunteers! Complete the entirety of your assigned shift at the 2020 event and receive a discounted, priority spot to register for the 2021 event.
- July 18, 2019It is with great disappointment that we announce the cancellation of the 2019 Verizon New York City Triathlon, owned and […]
- July 9, 2019It’s time. Started in 2001, the Verizon New York City Triathlon has welcomed more than 65,000 competitors of all abilities, backgrounds […]
- February 24, 2019Life Time is proud to unveil a new finisher medal concept across the 2019 triathlon season, recognizing both indoor and outdoor […]