Take on the Concrete Jungle. Experience NYC on a different level with a 1500m swim in the Hudson, a 40k bike on the traffic-free Hudson Highway, and a 10k run through the city to the Finish Line in Central Park.
Am I registered? Check here.
Life Time Members Early Access Registration
Life Time owns and produces some of the most incredible athletic events in the world, including New York City Triathlon. Along with athletic events, Life Time’s goal is to reshape the way people approach health and fitness with its healthy way of life communities. As a Life Time member, you get access to our athletic events one week before the event registration or lottery opens to the general public. A Life Time membership also provides you with access to 150+ Life Time athletic country club destinations in the United States and Canada, plus a comprehensive digital platform — all for your happy, healthy way of life.
*Pricing subject to change. Taxes/processing fees not included.
Why No Lottery?
We’ve made some changes to registration for this year’s Verizon New York City Triathlon produced by Life Time. Instead of entering a lottery, racers can now register directly here on our website — without the uncertainty — guaranteeing their spot to take on the Concrete Jungle. Here’s why:
- Easier, more informed decisions for YOU. We want our triathletes to have all the information, flexibility, and peace of mind necessary to make a confident registration decision. Instead of needing to commit half a year ahead of time, you can now sign up when you feel ready (space permitting).
- More newcomers to the sport. We want our first-time triathletes to feel welcomed and prepared to experience NYC on this unique level. Since many newcomers to the sport don’t commit to a race until they feel confident they’re ready, we want to give them ample space and flexibility to advocate for the growth of our beloved sport.
- Eliminating uncertainty. With all the uncertainty surrounding athletes’ well-being (e.g., injury, sickness, etc.) and stages of life (e.g., moving, marriage, kids, etc.), general registration helps eliminate some of those questions and complex variables in the registration process.
We want YOU — our incredibly dedicated and talented athletes — to have everything you need to register for this one-of-a-kind experience in the Greatest City in the World. We hope these changes help make your registration experience easier, and we can’t wait to see you swimming in the Hudson, riding up the Parkway, and racing to the finish line in Central Park.
The Concrete Jungle awaits. We’ll see you in NYC.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
Triathlon Cancellation Policy
|Days Out||By Life Time||By Participant|
|90+||60% Refund||60% Refund|
|Free Deferral||$50 Deferral|
|89 or less||No Refund||No Refund|
|Free Deferral||$50 Deferral|
We have revisited and revised our policy on entry refunds and deferrals to provide more athlete flexibility for event participation. A link to this policy will be included in the registration process, whereby participants must indicate that they understand and accept the terms.
No refunds on services fees, donations or merchandise.
Fees may vary on select events.
Deferrals are only good for the following year, in the same event (space permitting).
Deferral redemption deadlines apply.
No refunds on transactions over 365 days.
We have a strict no transfer policy on triathlon events.
Life Time reserves the right, in its sole and complete discretion, to deny entry, to revoke the entry application of any applicant at any time, and/or to disqualify any individual from the Event.
Rookie Refund Program
Invite your friends who have never participated in the Verizon New York City Triathlon to register for 2022 with your special URL received within your registration confirmation email (https://example.com/ReferralLink) and earn money back!
Our non-competitive first-timer and friends/family divisions are perfect for newcomers. If they sign up through your special link, you are eligible for a $5 refund for each person who registers, up to five people… that’s $25!
In an effort to recruit more women to race with us, we’re offering bonus rewards! Refer a WOMAN who’s a first-timer to our NYC Tri and receive $15 per registrant, up to five people… that’s $75!
*This offer cannot be combined with any other promotions.
Deferrals allow a participant unable to attend this year’s event to defer their registration to the following year, SPACE PERMITTING. The deferral is applied only to the event in question – in this case, the Verizon New York City Triathlon. Deferrals can only be applied to the same event the following year and cannot be carried over multiple years. Deferral processing fees and redemption deadlines apply.
Registrants are able to request a deferral of their participation up until 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the event. The deferral fee will be administered at the time of the deferral. Once the deferral purchase is completed, the athlete will be sent an email confirmation of their deferral status.
- Your registration will NOT automatically rollover to the following year. You MUST REGISTER for the race.
- You will be emailed instructions immediately upon the opening of registration for the following year’s event. Note: this email will be sent to the email address used in your RunSignup profile when you initially registered for the event.
- Your deferral code listed in that instructions email will expire 60 days after it is initially provided. If your code expires, you are NOT guaranteed a spot if the event sells out unless you are officially registered.
- Processing fees for registration will apply.
See the chart above for associated fees and additional details.
For instructions on how to defer via your RunSignup profile, please click here.
*There are no deferral fee refunds under any circumstances.