- Bring enough food and hydration with you to the swim start to stay nourished while you’re waiting for your wave.
- The race has been wetsuit legal every year, so you will likely be able to wear your wetsuit. Stay tuned to event social media channels and PA announcements on race day for the official water temperature.
- If you’re struggling in the swim, raise and wave your arm to get the attention of one of our many swim support teams on surfboards, jet skis and boats. If you need to grab onto a surfboard for a second you may do so without being disqualified, but you can’t make forward progress.
- Don’t be surprised by the saltiness of the Hudson River!
- Make sure you’re on time.
In order to promote safety, the Verizon New York City Triathlon requires each swim participant to have successfully completed an OPEN WATER (not in a pool) swim with a minimum distance of ½ mile within 24 months prior to the 2022 race date. Learn More