Participants have the option to enter varying distances as a relay team, consisting of 2–3 individuals. Teams may elect which person will complete each specific discipline. Team members share a single timing chip, which is passed from one team member to another in transition. While not all relay teams are competitive by nature, the top 3 performing teams are eligible for competitive awards. Relay teams are subdivided into these groups:
- Co-Ed (mixed gender teams)
ALL team members must be in Transition at 5:15 a.m. on race day. This means that the biker and runner of the relay team must arrive to Transition prior to 5:15 a.m. If an athlete arrives after 5:15 a.m., you will not be able to enter and compete in that leg of the race. We understand this makes for a very long day, but it is something that we must do to ensure the safety of our athletes. Remember to bring the paper, take a nap, call your mom or cheer on your fellow athletes! Relay Teams can register through general entry, through Champions Club, through Official Teams or race on behalf of one of our Charity Partners.
Make New York YOUR Club’s Championship!
The Triathlon Club Championship is a great way to bring your club together and earn some serious bragging rights. There is no additional cost to enter the Triathlon Club Championship. Athletes must select their club affiliation when registering for the New York City Triathlon. If you don’t see your club listed on the drop down, make sure to write it in!
Points are awarded to clubs in the following manner:
- ½ point for each finisher up to 20 points
- The top 5 finishers for each gender and race category are awarded points based on how they place. (5 points for 1st place, 4 points for 2nd place, … 1 point for 5th place).
- The top 10 finishers for each gender in the Premier Amateur division are awarded points based on how they place (10 for 1st place, 9 points for 2nd place …. 1 point for 10th place).
- The team with the most points is crowned the winner!
Please note: Relay teams are not included in point totals
Questions? Contact Athlete Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.