In order to promote safety, the New York City Triathlon requires each swim participant to have successfully completed an OPEN WATER (not in a pool) swim with a minimum distance of ½ mile within 18 months prior to the 2018 race date.
More details will soon be posted regarding the 2018 event. Meanwhile, below are details from our previous year.
2017 Suggested Open Water Swims
Join Empire Tri Club at one of their upcoming Open Water Swim Clinics at Coney Island:
• Sunday, June 11th (8am–10am)
• Sunday, June 25th (8am–10am)
• Sunday, July 9th (8am–10am)
Join Ridgewood Tri Athlete at one of their upcoming Open Water Swim Clinics in New Jersey:
• Wednesday, May 31st (6:30pm–8pm)
• Tuesday, June 13th (6:30pm–8pm)
• Thursday, June 29th (6:30pm–8pm)
• Tuesday, July 11th (6:30pm–8pm)
All athletes participating in the 2017 New York City Triathlon must agree to the terms and conditions of the 2017 NYC Tri Event Waiver.