In order to promote safety, the New York City Triathlon requires each swim participant to have successfully completed an OPEN WATER (not in a pool) swim with a minimum distance of ½ mile within 18 months prior to the 2018 race date.
More details will soon be posted regarding the 2018 event. Meanwhile, below are details from our previous year.
2018 Suggested Open Water Swims
Join Empire Tri Club at one of their upcoming Open Water Swim Clinics at Coney Island:
- Sunday, June 3 (8am–10am)
- Sunday, June 10 (8am–10am)
- Sunday, June 24 (8am–10am)
Join Ridgewood Tri Athlete at one of their upcoming Open Water Swim Clinics in New Jersey:
- Wednesday, May 30 (6:30pm–8pm)
- Tuesday, June 12th (6:30pm–8pm)
- Thursday, June 28th (6:30pm–8pm)
All athletes participating in the 2XU New York City Triathlon must agree to the terms and conditions within the registration portal.