Life Time Tri is proud to announce the return of the Pro race at the 2018 2XU New York City Triathlon!
The 2018 race weekend will be filled with a variety of new events and experiences, including the addition of our Age Group Championship race. Inclusion of more local, national and endemic media outlets will provide plenty of opportunities for self-promotion and big earning potential.
Professional triathletes will compete for $30,000 in cash among top female and male finishers. The competition will remain “draft-free” as the Pros swim, bike and run on the same course as the Age Group athletes. The 2018 race weekend is filled with a variety of new events and experiences, offering plenty of opportunities for self-promotion and big earning potential.
Qualification: In order to qualify for the Pro competition, athletes must own a current, industry-designated “Professional” triathlete racing card from their home country. The competition will be limited to 15 female and 15 male participants, confirmed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Prize Purse: The 2018 2XU New York City Triathlon features a $30,000 cash prize purse, distributed equally among the fastest female/male finishers. The 2018 prize purse distribution includes:
– 1st Place: $6,000
– 2nd Place: $4,000
– 3rd Place: $2,000
– 4th Place: $1,000
– 5th Place: $500
– Fastest Swim Split: $500
– Fastest Bike Split: $500
– Fastest Run Split: $500
* Unlike previous years, we are unable to host the famous “Equalizer” competition due to Hudson tide schedules.
Competitive Rules: Please note this competition will feature a unique set of competitive rules for both Age Group and Professional athletes alike. Full details will be released in the coming weeks, presented both in advance of, and during, the mandatory Pro Athlete Briefing on race weekend. The event will remain draft-free.
Race Weekend Obligations: To receive complimentary race entry, all confirmed Pro triathletes will be obligated to pre-race social media posts as well as select race weekend appearances, including:
1) OPTIONAL APPEARANCES (MUST ATTEND AT LEAST ONE):
- Life Time Tri NYC Experience (part of the Age Group Championship): Thur, June 28 (evening)
- 2XU NYC Triathlon Diaper Derby: Friday, June 29 at 1:00 PM – Hilton Midtown
- 2XU NYC Triathlon Underwear Run: Friday, June 29 at 7:30 PM – Central Park
- Shake Out Run: Saturday, June 30 at 9:00 AM – Hilton Midtown to Central Park
- Pro Panel Experience: Saturday, June 30 at 2PM – Hilton Midtown
- Pro Athlete Briefing: Saturday, June 30 at 4PM – Hilton Midtown
- Pro Awards Ceremony: Sunday, July 1 at 10:00 AM – Central Park (mandatory for top 3)
- Age Group Awards Ceremony: Sunday, July 1 at 12:00 PM – Central Park (mandatory for top 3)
Enrollment: For full details into the Pro competitions, and to submit your intent to participate, please contact Mary Picot, NYC Tri Pro Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org