So you want to race New York City? Well here is how you can secure your entry into the race.
Due to high demand, we are unable to accommodate everyone that wishes to register for the race. Because of this, we will conduct a random drawing to choose which athletes may be part of the 2017 race. Athletes will have the opportunity to be entered into the 2017 New York City Triathlon Drawing from November 1 at 12:01 a.m. until November 15 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
• The 2017 registration drawing will be free of charge to enter. Credit card information will be collected when you submit your entry and will be charged if accepted into the race.
• Only one application per person! You cannot apply as an individual and as a member of a relay team or group. Any fees processed due to an individual submitting multiple applications are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• As a USAT sanctioned event, all participants are required to be an active USAT member. If an athlete is not a current member, they must purchase a one-day membership for $15.
• The drawing is completely random. Preference is not given to athletes that have been previously accepted or denied.
• Names will be chosen the week of November 16, 2016. All athletes will be notified via email if you are selected or not. If you are selected in the drawing, your credit card is automatically charged the registration fee + USAT fee (if applicable) + processing fees + any merchandise you elect to purchase. All registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Individual Entry Fee: $310.00 + applicable processing fees
- Relay Entry Fee: $370.00 + applicable processing fees
- One-Day USAT Membership: $15
• Individual Drawing: Athletes that enter the drawing as an individual will be prompted to enter one of the following divisions: Age Group, Premier Amateur (must qualify), Clydesdale/Athena (must qualify) or First Responders. If selected through the drawing, athletes will be charged $310 + applicable processing fees.
• Relay Registration: One athlete is responsible for signing up the entire relay team, and will be deemed the Relay Captain. The Relay Captain must register the team under the Drawing-Relay option and will be responsible for paying the full registration fee of $370 + applicable processing fees if the team is selected. Relays can be teams of two or three athletes. Relay entrants should not enter the registration drawing as a group.
• Group Registration: The group registration option is recommended for family, friends and other small groups (between 2 and 5 members) that ONLY want to race if they can do so together. The first athlete registering will be required to create a group name. It is essential for the remaining members sign up for the group with the group name matching exactly.
- For example, if your group name is “NYCTriGroupies” the group name “NYC Tri groupies” will not work. When the drawing selection takes place, the GROUP
NAME will be the name entered in the drawing. If the group name is selected, every member of the group will be accepted and automatically charged the $310
registration fee + applicable processing fees. Group entrants can only consist of individual athletes, not a mix of individuals and relays.
Questions? Contact Athlete Services at 212-691-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHAMPIONS CLUB – SOLD OUT
Champions Club is the exclusive VIP program for the New York City Triathlon. Purchase a Champions Club entry to bypass the drawing and earn special perks.
Individual Champions Club Entry Fee: $599.00 + applicable processing fees
Relay Champions Club Entry Fee: $699.00 + applicable processing fees
Members of the 2017 Champions Club will receive the following VIP Package:
- Entry into the 2017 New York City Triathlon
- Two passes to the Champions Club hospitality tent at the finish line that includes food, drinks, the closest view of the finish line and a place to relax.
- A spectator pass for the NEW Champions Club hospitality tent at the start line that includes coffee, light refreshments and a view of the start line.
- A spectator shuttle pass to take your spectator from the swim exit line to the finish line.
- A limited edition Champions Club item by Voler
- Additional city deals to use in NYC during race week.