So you want to race New York City? Well, here’s how you can secure your entry into the race.
PRIORITY ENTRY / JULY 3
All 2018 finishers receive priority entry into the 2019 2XU NYC Tri (July 21, 2019). Email instructions will include a custom, non-transferable, guaranteed entry access code into the 2019 #NYCTri (July 21). This special, 24-hour priority registration window will close on Wednesday, July 4 at 5PM ET. Pricing is relevant to the registration fee chart below.
GENERAL ENTRY / NOV 1
Participation in the 2XU New York City Triathlon will be available to the general public on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for the 2019 event (July 21) will open Thursday, November 1 at 12:00 p.m. ET at www.nyctri.com. Registration for the remaining 2019 Life Time Tri Series races will open simultaneously at www.lifetimetri.com
Registration for the 2019 event is limited to the first 4,000 registrants, and expected to sell-out quickly. Official charity partners and clubs, previous volunteers and select others will have an opportunity to pre-purchase guaranteed slots. Event pricing and further details below.
2019 REGISTRATION FEES
General registration event fees are structured on a block pricing system. Opening rates for the individual International distance have not changed for athletes, although 2019 event fees are inclusive of race insurance and registration fees.
|Individual Entries||Individual Fee|
|1st 1,000 entries||$338|
|2nd 1,000 entries||$365|
|3rd 1,000 entries||$390|
|Final 1,000 entries||$399|
|Relay Teams (2-3 ppl)||Relay Fee|
|1st 25 entries||$420|
|2nd 25 entries||$444|
|3rd 25 entries||$471|
|Final 25 entries||$498|
|Specialty Entries||Entry Fee|
|Champions’ Club – Individual||$595|
|Champions’ Club – Relay Team||$795|
Above pricing is inclusive of race day insurance and online registration fees.
OTHER REGISTRATION OPTIONS
The registration process allows for additional/guaranteed entry options, including official charity partners and volunteer programs. Implications and details for each are identified below.
Official Charity Partners
- Secure your entry to the 2019 NYC Triathlon by racing with one of our official charity partners! Click here to learn more about participating charities.
- Current Charity Partners may pre-purchase guaranteed entries during a priority registration window at the opening rate ($338). Commitments and payment must be made in advance of the October 27 deadline. A small inventory (100) post-close entries will be available for select Official Charity Partners at the premium registration rate. Full details are available from the Team & Charity Manager.
- New Charity Partners: Non-profits groups interested in earning Official Charity Partner status must submit this online application for consideration by Sunday, October 14. Approved applicants will earn the same benefits listed above.
The new process will continue to honor guaranteed entry for the previous year’s volunteers, who may pre-purchase individual entry during the priority registration window at a discounted rate. Full details will be distributed prior to October 17. This process will continue for current year volunteers, each of whom will earn guaranteed entry into the following year’s event.
2018 Volunteer Captains
As usual, key volunteers will earn guaranteed, complimentary entry into the 2019 event. Full details will be distributed to those who qualify prior to October 17, 2018.
Participants who elected to defer their 2018 2XU New York City Triathlon entry to the 2019 event may pre-purchase a guaranteed entry at a discounted rate during the priority registration window. Full details will be distributed prior to October 17.
Official Tri Clubs
- Existing Tri Clubs: Current, official triathlon clubs will be able to pre-purchase guaranteed entries during the priority registration window at the opening rate. Commitment and full payment must be made during the priority registration window. Full details are available from the Team & Charity Manager.
- New Tri Clubs: Clubs/teams not currently enrolled in the Official Tri Club program must submit this online application for consideration by Sunday, October 14. Approved applicants will earn the same benefits listed above.
Life Time Tri Championship Qualifiers
Qualifiers into the 2019 Life Time Tri Championship event, held within the 2019 2XU New York City Triathlon, must commit and register using their individual registration procedure by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 26, 2018. South Beach and CapTex Tri qualifiers (whom will qualify after these initial deadlines) must register for the Championship by 11:59 p.m. ET on April 21 and June 3 respectively.
SPECIALTY REGISTRATION ENTRY
Beyond the General Entry process, which opens Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. ET, the following specialty registration options will be available to the general public:
BACK IN 2019! Tailwind Endurance Corporate Wellness Program:
Life Time Tri is teaming up with Tailwind Endurance to provide a custom training program for corporate teams, preparing them for the race, enhancing experience, and encouraging corporate wellness initiatives.
Members of this program will receive the following:
- Entry into the 2019 2XU New York City Triathlon
- Comprehensive triathlon training plan customized for any level, including a dedicated Training Peaks membership with weekly training plans
- Monthly lunch & learns, educational webinars, or group training events for all program participants
- 4-6 coach-led group workouts
- Exclusive wave start and transition area for all program participants on race day
- On-site logistical help, coaching, and support
- Two passes (six for relay team) to the VIP tent at the finish line that includes food, drinks, the closest view of the finish line and a place to relax.
- A limited edition co-branded New York City Triathlon jacket by Voler
- Dedicated awards for overall (top 3) male and female individual participants, as well as the overall (top 1) performing male, female, and co-ed relay teams.
- Discounted training package at Tailwind Endurance Studio
For more information click here
Champions Club is the exclusive VIP program of the 2XU New York City Triathlon. Purchase a Champions Club entry to guarantee entry and earn special program perks. One hundred individual and 25 relay team entries, will be set aside for Champions Club access, featuring full-service race amenities and VIP access to the both Start and Finish areas. Champions’ Club entries are first-come, first-served. Members of the 2018 Champions Club will receive the following VIP package:
- Entry into the 2019 2XU New York City Triathlon
- Two passes to the Champions Club hospitality tent at the finish line that includes food, drinks, the closest view of the finish line and a place to relax.
- A spectator pass for the NEW Champions Club hospitality tent at the start line that includes coffee, light refreshments and a view of the start line.
- A spectator shuttle pass to take your spectator from the swim exit line to the finish line.
- A limited edition Champions Club jacket by Voler
- Additional city deals to use in NYC during race week.
A limited number of guaranteed entries will be set aside for para and physically challenged athletes at the opening rate. To guarantee entry, individuals must commit to the event by Sunday, May 19 at 11:59 pm EDT.
For questions or further inquiries, please contact Athlete Services at email@example.com.