THE BIKE COURSE
The cycling course exits Riverside Park at 79th Street. Athletes enter the northbound entrance of the Henry Hudson Highway, staying in the right lane. Athletes will continue on a moderately hilly course north out of Manhattan, over the Henry Hudson Bridge, and exit onto the Mosholu Parkway. The course proceeds south on the Mosholu and U-turns at Gunhill Road in the Bronx. Participants will proceed back to the Henry Hudson Parkway and ride south in the Northbound Lane to 57th street where another u-turn will be completed and cyclists will head north and exit the Henry Hudson Parkway at 79th street and proceed back to the transition area. All bicycle traffic will utilize the normally northbound roadway which will be totally closed to vehicular traffic.
10:30 a.m. Bike Course Cut-Off All athletes must be at the northern turnaround point at Gunhill Road
11:15 a.m. All athletes must be off course
PRE- RACE BIKE CHECK-IN
- Bike Check-In is mandatory. No bikes will be accepted into Transition race morning. See schedule for check-in times.
- The race-issued bike number must be on your bike to be allowed into Transition.
- A non-racer may check in a bike on Saturday if the athlete is unable to do so.
- If you’re driving your bike to Transition on Saturday, you may NOT stop or park your car in the 79TH Street traffic circle.
- Find the rack number that matches your bib number and rack your bike with seat and bike number facing the same direction. Your front wheel should rest on the ground.
- Athletes are not allowed to personally mark their space with balloons, inflatables, or any other markers. No stationary trainers will be allowed in the transition area.
- Bikes may not be covered overnight. Any bike covers will be removed by race management.
BIKE COURSE TURN BY TURN
- Exit Riverside Park at the 79th Street Traffic Circle.
- Enter the North Bound Lane of the Henry Hudson Parkway (West Side Highway).
- Bike North to Mosholu Pkwy. U-turn at Gun Hill Road. 10:30 a.m. cut-off.
- Bike South to 57th St., U-turn, bike North to 79th St. (U-turn at bottom of descent)
- Exit right at 79th Street, down a steep exit ramp and make a sharp left turn onto 79th St.
- Enter Riverside Park at 79th St. Traffic Circle. GO SLOW. This is steep, technical and crowded.
- Show up with your bike ready to race – pumped tires, lubed chain, bar-end plugs, gears and breaks adjusted, and seats and handlebars properly fitted.
- Bicycle Habitat mechanics will be available in transition for basic support during bike check-in and on race day.
- Bike support is not guaranteed. Be prepared to fix your own flat. If you cannot continue, be prepared to wait for the sweep vehicle.
BIKE COURSE TIPS
- Please be cautious as you bike out of Riverside Park. The paths are narrow and are designated a ‘No Passing Zone’.
- There are NO Aid Stations or Bottle Exchanges on the bike course.
- There are six very technical turns on the course including bike out, highway entrance, two U- turns on highway, highway exit, and 79th Street traffic circle exit. GO SLOW. Yellow and Red Transitions follow different routes to Transition. Pay attention to the signage and the volunteers.
BIKE COURSE MAP
See Course Map for full bike course
Click here for Bike Elevation Chart