The Panasonic New York City Triathlon Registration Lottery Process
The 2015 registration lottery will open Nov. 1, 2014 at 12:01 a.m.
• There is a one time, non-refundable online application fee of $11 per athlete, with the exception of relay teams, which pay a $11 fee for the entire team. This fee is not applied the race entry fee if accepted.
• Only one application per person! You cannot apply as an individual and as a member of a relay team or group. Any fees process due to an individual submitting multiple applications are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• As a USAT sanctioned event, all participants are required to be an active USAT member. If an athlete is not a current member, they must purchase a one-day membership for $12.
• The lottery is drawn completely randomly. Preference is not given to athletes that have been previously denied.
• If you are selected in the lottery, your credit card is automatically charged the registration fee + USAT fee (if applicable) + processing fees + any merchandise you elect to purchase. All registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Individual Lottery Registration Details: Athletes that enter the lottery as an individual will be prompted to enter one of the following divisions: Age Group, Elite Amateur (must qualify), Clydesdale/Athena (must qualify) or First Responders. If selected through the lottery, athletes will be charged $285 and any applicable fees.
• Relay Registration Details: One athlete is responsible for signing up the entire relay team, and will be deemed the Relay Captain. The Relay Captain must register the team under the Relay Lottery option and will be responsible for paying the full registration fee of $345 and any applicable fees if the team is selected. Relays can be teams of two or three athletes. Relay entrants should not enter the registration lottery as a group.
• Group Registration Details: The group registration option is recommended for family, friends and other small groups (between 2 and 5 members) that ONLY want to race if they can do so together. The first athlete registering will be required to create a group name. It is essential for the remaining members sign up for the group with the group name matching exactly. For example, if your group name is “NYCTriGroupies” the group name “NYC Tri groupies” will not work. When the lottery selection takes place, the GROUP NAME will be the name entered in the lottery. If the group name is selected, every member of the group will be accepted and automatically charged the $285 registration fee and any applicable fees. Group entrants can only consist of individual athletes, not a mix of individuals and relays.
Questions? Contact Athlete Services at 212-691-2200 or email@example.com.
Race New York City like a VIP, Join the Champions Club
Check back here for a chance to register for the 2015 Champions Club.
Individual Champions Club Entry Fee: $550.00
Relay Champions Club Entry Fee: $650.00
Members of the 2015 Champions Club will receive the following VIP Package:
2015 registration opens in November.
Love the athlete postcard image as much as we did? Click here for a high resolution copy to print and frame to keep!