The New York City Triathlon Registration Lottery Process
The 2014 registration lottery is now CLOSED! The 2015 registration lottery will open Nov. 1, 2014 at 12:01 a.m.
• There is a one time, non-refundable online application fee of $10 per athlete, with the exception of relay teams, which pay a $10 fee for the entire team. This fee is not applied the race entry fee if accepted.
• Only one application per person! You cannot apply as an individual and as a member of a relay team or group. Any fees process due to an individual submitting multiple applications are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• As a USAT sanctioned event, all participants are required to be an active USAT member. If an athlete is not a current member, they must purchase a one-day membership for $12.
• The lottery is drawn completely randomly. Preference is not given to athletes that have been previously denied.
• If you are selected in the lottery, your credit card is automatically charged the registration fee + USAT fee (if applicable) + $17.50 processing fee + any merchandise you elect to purchase. All registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Individual Lottery Registration Details: Athletes that enter the lottery as an individual will be prompted to enter one of the following divisions: Age Group, Elite Amateur (must qualify), Clydesdale/Athena (must qualify) or First Responders. If selected through the lottery, athletes will be charged $302.50 (includes processing fee) and any applicable fees.
• Relay Registration Details: One athlete is responsible for signing up the entire relay team, and will be deemed the Relay Captain. The Relay Captain must register the team under the Relay Lottery option and will be responsible for paying the full registration fee of $362.50 (includes processing fees) and any applicable fees if the team is selected. Relays can be teams of two or three athletes. Relay entrants should not enter the registration lottery as a group.
• Group Registration Details: The group registration option is recommended for family, friends and other small groups (between 2 and 5 members) that ONLY want to race if they can do so together. The first athlete registering will be required to create a group name. It is essential for the remaining members sign up for the group with the group name matching exactly. For example, if your group name is “NYCTriGroupies” the group name “NYC Tri groupies” will not work. When the lottery selection takes place, the GROUP NAME will be the name entered in the lottery. If the group name is selected, every member of the group will be accepted and automatically charged the $302.50 registration fee and any applicable fees. Group entrants can only consist of individual athletes, not a mix of individuals and relays.
Questions? Contact Sarah Labowsky at 212-691-2200 or email@example.com.
Race New York City like a VIP, Join the Champions Club
The 2014 Champions club has sold out! Check back here after the 2014 race for a chance to register for the 2015 Champions Club.
Individual Champions Club Entry Fee: $550.00 + $17.50 processing fee
Relay Champions Club Entry Fee: $650.00 + $17.50 processing fee
Members of the 2014 Champions Club will receive the following VIP Package:
Transamerica Registration Refund Plan
This event has an optional Registration Refund product administered by Stonebridge Benefit Services Inc. At time of registration you have the option to choose the registration refund option. If you choose this option you may be eligible for a refund of the basic registration fees you paid to participate in the event, including processing fee, if you are unable to participate due to specific reasons. If you do not accept this option you will not receive a refund for any reason. See below for more program details and to view frequently asked questions.
What is a Registration Refund?
Registration Refund is an optional registration reimbursement program that provides registered participants protection for otherwise non-refundable registration expenses if they are unable to participate due to unforeseen events such as injury, illness, or other specific qualified items.
What does registration refund provide?
A registered participant who chose the registration refund option will receive a refund of the basic registration fee required to participate, including taxes and service fees, if the registered person is unable to participate due to the following:
• Active Military Duty
• Job Relocation
• Unexpected Travel Delay
• Involuntary Unemployment
• Mechanical breakdown of vehicle
• Injury/Illness/Childbirth of a family member
Injury or illness requires a physician to certify you are unable to participate and the refund request form is to be completed by the physician.
What does this protection cover?
You may receive a refund of the registration fees you pay if you are unable to participate due to:
An injury, or an unforeseen illness
Normal pregnancy or childbirth including complications of pregnancy
If you are on Active Military Duty and receive unanticipated reassignment or deployment orders or have personal leave revoked, except for disciplinary reasons
• Job Relocation
• Unexpected Travel Delay (on the way to the event)
• Involuntary Unemployment
• Mechanical breakdown of vehicle more than 100 miles from home
• Injury/Illness/Childbirth of a family member
How do I request a refund?
You will need to submit a refund request form along with proof that is acceptable to us that shows that you were unable to participate in the event. In the case of an injury, illness or pregnancy, the physician must advise you not to participate in the event and will need to sign your refund request form. You may obtain a refund request form by contacting the program administrator.
Where can I get a refund request form?
You may call or email the registration refund administrator who will be happy to email you a refund request form that you can complete and return to the Claims department. Please complete the form and include all required documentation. The form will tell you exactly what you need to provide.
Where can I review the details of the registration refund program?
The complete terms and conditions including limitations of this program are available on the event registration website.
Who is the program provider?
This program is being provided by the event owner/registration service provider and is administered by a third party, Stonebridge Benefit Services on behalf of the event.
Registration Refund Option Details:
The registration refund option covers the registered participant only. The registered participant must notify us no later than 60 days after the Event Date to be eligible. Refund approval requires the participant to see a physician and be advised by the physician not to participate. Registration Reimbursement will require a completed refund request form including the physician signature or documentation for non-medical reasons. If the event owner cancels the event, the registration refund option is not valid. The registered participant should review the event owner’s event cancellation policy and contact the event owner. Crossing the start line on the day of the event but failing to finish the course is not covered. If the registered participant is a member of a relay team, a relay team refund request may be eligible if all members do not participate due to one or more members being eligible for a refund.
What will you consider a valid refund request?
A participant who chose the registration refund option at time of registration and meets the following:
• You suffer from an Injury or an unforeseen Illness, normal pregnancy, or childbirth including unforeseen complications of pregnancy which prevents you from participating in the Event. A Physician must certify that you are not able to participate in the Event.
• You are on Active Military Duty and receive unanticipated reassignment or deployment orders or revocation of personal leave, except for disciplinary reasons. You must provide us a copy of the orders you receive.
• You are directly involved in a traffic Accident on the day of the Covered Event that causes either: an Injury to you; or damage to the automobile that creates an immediate need for repair to ensure the safe operation of the vehicle and prevents your attendance at the Covered Event.
• You are not able to arrive in time to participate in the Event due to a delay by the Common Carrier you used for transportation to the Event Location.
• Any Injury or an unforeseen Illness, normal pregnancy, or childbirth including unforeseen complications of pregnancy occurring to your Family Member. Your Family Member must be examined by a Physician within 72 weekday hours of the Event Date.
• Your automobile having a Mechanical Breakdown within 48 hours of the Event which results in the vehicle being inoperable to be driven to the Event.
• You, after having been with the same employer for at least three continuous years, are terminated or laid off, through no fault of Your own, after you enroll as a participant in the Event.
• You or Your spouse are relocated by Your or Your spouse's current employer to a location that is at least 100 miles from Your primary residence.
What is not covered?
We will not reimburse the registration fee you paid for the Event if you are unable to participate in the Event due to:
• An intentionally self-inflicted injury or self-inflicted sickness Physical complications resulting from alcohol or substance abuse.
• Natural disasters (unless as specifically covered);
In addition to the exclusions above, we will not reimburse the registration fee you paid for the Event if:
• You have not made your full payment of the Registration Fee prior to the Event Date;
• The Event is cancelled by the event owner for any reason (including bad weather) unless as covered herein;
• You cross the start line on the day of the Event;
• You: a) make changes to personal plans or b) have a business or contractual obligation that prevent you from participating in the Event;
How long will it take for me to receive my refund?
Typically all refunds are reviewed and settled within 3 weeks from the race date or from the time we receive the paperwork – whichever occurs later. We are unable to process any refunds until after the race when it is determined who has participated.
Can I request a refund before an event?
Refunds are only possible if you have not participated in an event due to a covered reason. If you will be unable to attend your event you may contact the program administrator to obtain the request form, however no refunds can be processed until after the event date. If you submit your form and paperwork prior to the event date, we will not be able to process until after the race when it is determined who has participated.
What is the process for requesting and receiving a refund?
You must contact the program administrator and obtain the refund request form. You will need to fill out the refund request form and e-mail or mail it to the claims department who will then handle your request. If you submit your form and paperwork prior to the event date, we will not be able to review and process the refund until after the race when it is determined who has participated. Once the refund request is approved after the race date, your refund check will be mailed to you.
How will I receive the refund?
Once the refund request is approved after the race date, your refund check will be mailed to you. We are unable to issue a refund electronically to your account or back to the credit card. If you submit your form and paperwork prior to the event date, we will not be able to process the refund until after the race when it is determined who has participated.
Please send questions/inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. For general inquiries, please call 877-527-0957.
Our Champions Club is officially sold out, but registration is still available through one of our Charity Partners.
> Learn more
Click here to confirm your lottery results.
Today’s Featured Athlete definitely appreciates a good post-race treat. Meet Crushed Wine App’s founder Carla McKay as she answers our questions about race-day pairings, her new social wine app and of course her love for triathlon. Click the photo to read the story.
Today’s Featured Athlete definitely appreciates a good fight. Meet Marvel Cosplay Comic Blogger Judith Stephens as she answers our questions about her training lifestyle, passion for triathlon and of course her race super powers. Click the photo to read the story.
Sign up for news, updates and special offers from Life Time Athletic Events