• You will be able to defer your 2016 entry online between November 19, 2015 and July 23, 2016. All deferrals must be done online.
• Once a deferral is submitted, the decision is final and cannot be reversed and registration fees are not refunded and cannot be applied to the following year.
• The New York City Triathlon and USAT have a strict no refund and no transfer policy. Athletes may not give or sell their entry to anyone else. Any athlete who is found to have given away or sold their race entries will be permanently banned from competing in future New York City Triathlons.
• Deferred race entries are only good for the following year. Deferred race entries from years previous to the 2016 race cannot be redeemed in 2017.
• Athletes may defer for any reason.
• Athletes who formally defer may still attend the expo to pick up their goodie bag and T-shirt on race weekend.
• Athletes will receive an email the week of October 17, 2016 with registration instructions and must complete the 2017 registration by the indicated deadline. All athletes will have to pay the full registration fee for the 2017 race at that time.