Deferral Process & Policy
Can’t race? Defer your race entry to 2016.
• You will be able to defer your 2015 entry online between November 19, 2014 and July 17, 2015. All deferrals must be done online. The deferral link will be posted on our website.
• Once a deferral is submitted, the decision is final and cannot be reversed and registration fees are not refunded and cannot be applied to the following year.
• The Panasonic New York City Triathlon and USAT have a strict no refund and no transfer policy. Athletes may not give or sell their entry to anyone else. Any athlete who is found to have given away or sold their race entries will be permanently banned from competing in future New York City Triathlons.
• Deferred race entries are only good for the following year. Deferred race entries from years previous to the 2014 race cannot be redeemed in 2015.
• Athletes may defer for any reason.
• Athletes who formally defer may still attend the expo to pick up their goodie bag and T-shirt on race weekend.
• Athletes will receive an email on Monday, October 20, 2014 with registration instructions and must complete the 2015 registration by Friday, November 7, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All athletes will have to pay the full registration fee for the 2015 race at that time.