Organization Description: We provide immediate and vital non-medical assistance to cancer patients and their families when the diagnosis results in disruption, hardship and uncertainty in their everyday lives. What we do is quite simple, but has a direct, profound effect on their lives.
We pay bills for items not reimbursed by any form of insurance, so that families can forestall eviction, have food on their tables, keep their lights on and fight cancer with a feeling of hope. At the holidays, we brighten the lives of pediatric cancer patients with toys, books, CD’s and games.
Our focus is on the care, not the cure, so our patients can devote their energies to their treatment and worry a bit less about how their bills are going to be paid.We also provide funding to health care facilities and foundations, to enhance the delivery of care, communication and educational services for cancer patients.
Program Details and Team Benefits:
All Team Continuum athletes will receive:
• Individualized fundraising page and link that you can personalize at any time with your message, photos, and videos.
• One-on-one fundraising consultation with a fundraising expert certified by New York University.
• Personalized, individual support from a pro/elite and top-ten IronMan finisher, John Hirsch. John will work with each athlete to get him or her to the finish line regardless of how much or how little experience they have.
• There will also be a swim clinic to teach or improve swim skills and proper form using high definition video. In addition, the Team will have several biking and running workouts in the summer to provide motivation as well as logistical support so that athletes can do "brick workouts’’ (biking and running together; we will provide someone to watch your bike).
• Coaching also includes access to additional team coaches: Grant Aidner, Associate Coach; Jason Klein, P.T., Physical Therapist, Dr. Kyle Worell, D.C., CSCS, Chiropractor, Dr. Rachel Goldman, PhD, Sports Psychologist, Christine Lynch, Sports Nutrition adviser and Ashlee Willaman, certified Yoga Instructor.
• Full TRI kit from Champion Systems.
Fundraising Commitment: $2000, to be met by July 11.
Contact: Join us!! For more information, contact: