Ronald McDonald House New York
Organization Description: Ronald McDonald House New York provides a temporary “home-away-from-home” for pediatric cancer patients and their families. The House is a supportive and caring environment which encourages and nurtures the development of child-to-child and parent-to-parent support systems. Ronald McDonald House New York is the largest facility of its type in the world.
Program Details and Team Benefits:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2016 Panasonic NYC Triathlon
- RMH sponsored team get-togethers
- Pre-race pasta dinner at RMH for all family, friends and supporters
- Post-race celebration for friends and family at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park
- Transition walk-throughs with team captains to answer questions and discuss strategies
- Official RMH Team Ronald jersey
- Team Ronald gift bag
- The chance to make a difference for the children who call Ronald McDonald House New York their ‘home away from home’
More about Ronald McDonald House New York:
The House can accommodate 84 families, and its location is within close proximity to 13 major cancer treatment centers. While families are asked to donate $35 per night, the cost to operate a single room is $295 per night. Donations to Ronald McDonald House New York help to support operations, as well as to underwrite recreational and educational and family support programs for resident families. The House serves children and families from across the country and the world, as well as from the metropolitan New York City area. Since its founding, more than 35,000 families have stayed at Ronald McDonald House New York. For more information, visit www.rmh-newyork.org.