Organization Description: In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Race2Rebuild was created by a team of volunteer athletes to support Rebuilding Together's disaster relief projects. For over 25 years, Rebuilding Together has helped homeowners in need. To date, they have served over 3.2 million people, are in the top 1% of all charities, have rebuilt 1000+ homes in New Orleans post-Katrina and 200+ homes in New York and New Jersey post-Sandy.
Everyone deserves to live in a safe and healthy home. Home by home, block by block, Rebuilding Together is rebuilding homes and communities nationwide. Mile by mile, Race2Rebuild supports that mission.
Program Details and Team Benefits:
Each of our races funds a specific Rebuilding Together disaster relief project. Our athletes will know the Rebuilding Together Sponsored Family and will later have the opportunity to rebuild their home.
Athletes will receive:
• Coached open water swim clinic, bike and run course previews
• Race2Rebuild Gear, including a custom Champion System tri top and signature green RoadID.
• A complimentary training plan from Race2Rebuild Head Coach Jonathan Cane of City Coach delivered via Training Peaks.
• Special perks and promotions from our program partners.
• Cutting-edge fundraising tools.
• Connection to your Race2Rebuild Race Captain, your personal contact for one-on-one support.
• Race weekend meetups with the Race2Rebuild-Rebuilding Together Team.
• The opportunity to later volunteer to rebuild your Rebuilding Together Sponsored Family’s home.
NYC Triathlon athletes may join one of two Race2Rebuild Teams:
• TEAM 1: race with your own entry and raise a minimum of $1000
• TEAM 2: accept one of our guaranteed entries and raise a minimum of $2000
Race hard. Race with resolve. Race2Rebuild.