Organization Description: JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, regulatory influence and a working plan to better treat, prevent and eventually cure T1D.
As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF is currently sponsoring $568 million in scientific research in 17 countries. In 2012 alone, JDRF provided more than $110 million to T1D research.
Program Details and Team Benefits: Each year thousands of athletes brave the waters of the Hudson River, bike along Manhattan’s West Side highway and finish the race with a 10K run throughout Central Park.
Unique to Team JDRF, you will receive many benefits including a guaranteed entry through JDRF and a state-of-the-art training program with Asphalt Green.
Take on this impressive challenge while helping us turn Type 1 into type none!
Team JDRF members receive:
• Guaranteed entry for the Panasonic NYC Triathlon
• Virtual or in person professional training with Asphalt Green
• Fundraising website and coaching
• Training Tee - upon completing your registration you will receive a Team JDRF technical tee
• JDRF race day singlet
• Team gatherings throughout the season in NYC
• Event for friends and family during triathlon weekend
• Finish line medal
Asphalt Green Training Program:
• Asphalt Green will provide three weekly coached workouts including group swims, group rides and group run sessions.
• Each athlete will also get a Training Peaks online coaching account for the duration of the program.
• JDRF athletes will have access to all Asphalt Green tri club workouts during the duration of the program.
• Asphalt Green will set up several additional info sessions (i.e. bike maintenance, wetsuit demo and nutrition updates).
• Charity partners get access to Asphalt Green sponsors like Toga, Jack Rabbit Sports, PowerBar and Rudy Project.
Requirements: For membership on Team JDRF, athletes will be required to meet or exceed a fundraising commitment of $2,500. If you have already secured an entry into the NYC Triathlon, you can still support JDRF by committing to raise or donate $1,500.
Ari Hurst, Development Coordinator