Organization Description: Asphalt Green is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals of all ages and backgrounds achieve health through a lifetime of sports and fitness. We serve more than 30,000 at-risk kids for free through our core Community Programs. Waterproofing, a nationally recognized learn-to-swim program, reaches 2,100 kids to make them deep-water safe. The Recess Enhancement Program (REP), brings structured, cooperative, and fun physical activity to 27,000 elementary school students at 60 public schools throughout the city. Our Community Sports Leagues offer a competitive, team experience to 600 kids in 12 Harlem schools, offering flag football, basketball for boys and girls, gymnastics, and soccer for boys and girls. Learn more at www.asphaltgreen.org.
Program Details and Team Benefits:
- Secure your place in the 2014 Panasonic New York City Triathlon on Sunday, August 3rd.
- Raise a MINIMUM of $2,500 for Asphalt Green and our Community Programs
- $250 due at sign-up
- 80% ($1,800) due one month before the race date (July 6th)
- Balance ($700) due 1 week after the race (August 10th)
- Have access to AGTC workouts with our dedicated triathlon coaches
- Receive a new AG Tri Club racing top to wear proudly on race day
- Work with our expert coaches in the “Race Ready” Program, starting March 17th.
- The program will run for 16 weeks and will deliver the following:
- Weekly Training Plans – specifically designed for the competition you are preparing for and delivered Sunday evenings via www.trainingpeaks.com
- Training Tips – general training and race information from our coaches and other seasoned triathletes.
- Educational Clinics – including tire changing, transitioning, nutrition and race strategy.
- Online Training Logs – to help you monitor your progress.
- Weekly Coached Workouts – will be offered in all three disciplines (Run, Bike, and Swim) as well as one coached workout on the weekend.
- Email Access to Coaching Staff – will answer training and racing preparation questions.
- Access to the AGTri Weekly Update – our Tri-Club’s newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest information of interest to the New York triathlon community.
Contact: To sign up, please contact Ellen Ioanes, Development Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-981-2233.
For all training-specific questions contact Mikael Hanson, Head Triathlon Coach & Coaching Programs Manager, at email@example.com or 646-981-2273.
We look forward to hearing from you!