Executive Vice President of Schlepping Operations
2014 Internship Opportunities
The Life Time Athletic Events NYC Office is a sports marketing and event management division of Life Time Fitness. The NYC office organizes multiple events including: the 14th Annual New York City Triathlon (Sunday, August 3rd) – one of the world’s largest Olympic distance triathlons, the South Beach Triathlon (Sunday, April 6th) and all of the on course entertainment for multiple New York Road Runner (NYRR) events, including the ING New York City Marathon.
The Life Time Athletic Events NYC Office is looking to fill multiple full-time, paid internship positions. Interns must be available to work May through early August. All applicants must work well under pressure, be motivated and enthusiastic about events. Applicants must hold a valid driver’s license, be willing to drive a 16’ box truck, have strong written and oral communication skills, be detail oriented and be willing to work VERY long hours and weekends. All candidates will be interviewed by the end of March, with the final employment decisions made in early April. Candidates must attend at least one interview in-person at the Life Time office in New York City, at the individual’s expense. Candidates will be considered for all available positions. Life Time is a very fast paced, exciting environment, and interns are essential to the success of the events.
Public Relations Assistant
• Proactively seek out stories from registered athletes by calling EVERY participant in the race.
• Help create, organize and execute media events in conjunction with the Triathlon such as the Underwear Run, Diaper Derby and Animal Medical Center Doggy Dash.
• Work in conjunction with the Triathlon’s PR agency to follow up on stories, leads and placements.
• Assist with event production, marketing and sponsorship fulfillment.
Event Production Assistant
• Assist in all production orders, placement and organization. Must be extremely detail oriented and have VERY strong follow through skills.
• Assist race director in organizing and activating sponsorship fulfillment and coordinating production staff.
• Must be willing to participate in physical set-up of the race and drive a truck.
• Assist volunteer director in placing, managing and directing more than 1,000 race volunteers.
• Conduct pre-race site visits to orient Volunteer Captains.
• Manage relationships with all volunteers.
• Organize the pre and post-race staff and Volunteer Captain appreciation functions.
• This position is responsible for all ordering, categorizing and distributing of supplies, volunteer manuals and set-up of volunteer stations.
How to Apply
Interested qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions below to Sarah Labowsky via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (212)-691-6009. Please keep answers to ten sentences or less. There is no right or wrong answer.
1. Why are you interested in working for the New York City Triathlon?
2. We are looking for the ultimate team player that is passionate about events and thrives under pressure. Tell us why this is you.
3. It is race day! You’re up early and ready for the day to begin, when you get a call that the 25 volunteers you need to work the last aid station on the course all called and said they are no longer coming. Knowing how important the aid station is to the athlete’s well-being on this hot summer day, you must find 25 people in the next three hours to come and volunteer. What would you do?
4. Will you be able to secure housing in NYC?
2014 registration is still available through our Champions Club!
> Learn more
Today’s Featured Athlete definitely appreciates a good post-race treat. Meet Crushed Wine App’s founder Carla McKay as she answers our questions about race-day pairings, her new social wine app and of course her love for triathlon. Click the photo to read the story.
Today’s Featured Athlete definitely appreciates a good fight. Meet Marvel Cosplay Comic Blogger Judith Stephens as she answers our questions about her training lifestyle, passion for triathlon and of course her race super powers. Click the photo to read the story.
Sign up for news, updates and special offers from Life Time Athletic Events