The Big Apple Awaits!
Since its inception in 2001, the 2XU New York City Triathlon has become a time-honored summer tradition. The city becomes a stage for Olympians, Paralympians, veterans and aspiring amateurs alike to push their limits in the center of the world’s greatest stadium. Nothing says New York more than the Hudson River, the West Side Highway and Central Park!
Whether you’re a first-timer or an 18th-timer, please take a few minutes to review this year’s guidebook. The interactive Athlete Guide offers course maps, schedules, wave start assignments, venue maps and much more. As always, watch for last-minute event details to be communicated via email, website and social media platforms throughout race weekend.
> Download the 2018 2XU NYC Tri Athlete Guide
> Download the 2018 2XU NYC Tri Spectator Guide
New Rules Released
The 2XU NYC Tri will adhere to a new set of event rules, created specifically for all 2018 Life Time Tri events. These rules apply to all triathletes: able-bodied, para and professional alike. Please review the rules within the Athlete Guide and view the video at LifeTimeTri.com/Resources/Rules for more insight.
Download the Athlinks App
Additionally, reference the 2XU New York City Triathlon event schedule, maps and other pertinent information from the Athlinks app. NOTE: Additional functionality will continue to come online during the 2018 season.
Get ready for an incredible weekend of racing.
See you in the Hudson!
“In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t do.”
The city of lights. The city of opportunity. The Big Apple. Nothing says New York more than the Hudson River, the West Side Highway and Central Park! Since its inception, the New York City Triathlon has been a stage for Olympians, Paralympians and tough-as-nails New Yorkers. Each section of the course tests your preparation and commitment.
Some say you’re a real New Yorker if you live here for two years. We say you’re a real New Yorker if you’ve conquered the New York City Triathlon. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. Make sure to check out the 2016 Athlete and Spectator Guide* for detailed schedules, course information and more.
> 2017 NYC Athlete Guide – UPDATED
> 2017 NYC Spectator Guide
A city with a thousand names and dreams, it’s your time to make your Tri dreams come true!
See you in the Hudson!
*Please note: Both Guides will be updated with Swim Wave Charts as we get closer to the event.
We invite you to join us as we #CommitToTri in 2017!
Each event features an International distance course, which consists of a 1.5-kilometer swim, a 40-kilometer bike and a 10-kilometer run (distances may vary slightly by location). Select events also offer Sprint, SuperSprint and Kids Triathlon courses of shorter, varying distances.
2017 Life Time Tri Series Race Schedule
To register or learn more about any of the 2017 Life Time Tri events, visit www.LifeTimeTri.com. Stay updated with the latest information by following @LifeTimeTri on Twitter and the Life Time Tri Facebook page.
Due to the extreme heat and to ensure the safety of our athletes, the Panasonic NYC Triathlon, in conjunction with the City of New York and respective city agencies, made a collaborative decision to proactively alter the course for Sunday’s race. Course changes are outlined below.
- The swim and bike courses will remain as is. The run course has now been shortened to an 8K run for all athletes (With the exception of professional triathletes who will continue with the original 10K course).
- Rather than crossing Central Park at the 110th Street Transverse, athletes will be directed to cross the 102nd Street Crossing to the East Drive. (Please see updated Central Park course map).
- Doggy Dash participants will follow the shortened course.
> VIEW UPDATED COURSE MAP
Additional details will be provided in the mandatory briefings. Please be alert and abide by the precautions of race staff, volunteers, and public safety officials out on the course. We also ask that you review the event alert system (EAS) and make yourself familiar with the alert levels (chart below). We appreciate your understanding as we implement these changes to provide you with a safe race experience.
“I Love New York,” and nothing says New York more than the Hudson River, the West Side Highway and Central Park! Since its inception, the Panasonic New York City Triathlon has been a stage for Olympians, Paralympians and tough-as-nails New Yorkers. Each section of the course tests your preparation and commitment.
Some say you’re a real New Yorker if you live here for two years. We say you’re a real New Yorker if you’ve conquered the Panasonic New York City Triathlon. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. Make sure to check out the 2016 Athlete Guide for detailed schedules, course information and more.
> 2016 Panasonic NYC Tri Athlete Guide
See you in the Hudson!
The 2016 Panasonic New York City Triathlon has new bike check-out instructions for this years event. Please review the information below to make sure you are up-to-date on the latest procedures:
All bikes/equipment MUST be picked up from transition (72nd-79th St. Riverside Park) between 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 24 in one of two ways:
- Athlete Wristband – The athlete must present numbered wristband to pick up his/her bike from transition. Once equipment has been picked up, the athlete’s wristband will be cut off and collected and the athlete will not be able to re-enter transition.
- Bike Check-Out Buddy Tag – The athlete must give a friend/family member this Buddy Tag. The friend/family member must write his/her name and cell phone number on the front of the tag. The Buddy Tag must be presented in order to be granted access into transition. Once equipment has been picked up, the Buddy Tag will be collected and the friend/family member will not be able to re-enter transition.
The Panasonic New York City Triathlon Registration Drawing Process
Due to high demand, we are unable to accommodate everyone that wishes to register for the race. Because of this, we will conduct a random drawing to choose which athletes may be part of the 2016 race. Athletes will have the opportunity to be entered into the 2016 Panasonic New York City Triathlon Drawing by completing one of the following options from November 1 at 12:01 a.m. until November 15 at 11:59 p.m. EST:
- • Purchase an exclusive Coach Troy Jacobson Olympic Distance Triathlon training plan ($11) for a chance to obtain a 2016 Panasonic New York City Triathlon entry.
> REGISTER NOW
- Mail-in a 2016 Panasonic New York City Triathlon Drawing application for a chance to obtain an entry. Application will be available starting on November 1 at 12:01AM EST. Mail the completed application to: Panasonic New York City Triathlon, 1841 Broadway Suite 508, New York, NY 10023. All applications must be received between 12:00 a.m. November 1 and 11:59 p.m. on November 15. Applicants will receive a chance to obtain a 2016 Panasonic New York City Triathlon entry.
> DOWNLOAD THE MAIL-IN APPLICATION NOW
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chance of being selected for an entry. Void where prohibited. Click here for Official Rules for details. Restrictions apply.
The 2015 Panasonic New York City Triathlon is only a few days away! Looking for a course tour AND insider tips? Liz Claman and Cheryl Casone of the FOX Business Network walk, bike and run you through this year’s NYC Tri course with their Power to Prosper race video.
Good luck, athletes! We can’t wait to see what you’ve got this weekend!
We are excited to bring you the 2015 Panasonic New York City Triathlon, taking place Sunday, July 19. Each section of this course tests your preparation and commitment, and this year will be no exception. Check out the 2015 Athlete Guide for detailed schedules, course information and more.
> View the Athlete Guide
Some say you’re a real New Yorker if you live here for two years. We say you’re a real New Yorker if you’ve conquered the New York City Triathlon. If you can make it here you can make it anywhere. See you in the Hudson on race day!
The 2015 Panasonic New York City Triathlon registration lottery is NOW CLOSED. Thanks to everyone who registered! Names will be drawn this coming week.
Did you miss out on registration this year? You can still guarantee your spot in the race with an exclusive Champions Club entry! Not only will you get a spot in the race, but you will receive added perks including sweet swag and finish line party passes. Register today before your last chance to race the NYC Tri fills up!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.