Toyota Triple Crown Series
The Toyota Triple Crown Series is a new dimension in triathlon that brings additional drama and excitement to three existing Life Time Tri events: Life Time Tri Minneapolis, New York City Triathlon and Life Time Tri Oceanside. The newly created Series awards $50,000 to the top professional female or male triathlete who compete in all three Toyota Triple Crown events. The Toyota Triple Crown winner is declared at Life Time Tri Oceanside using an ‘equalizer’ time handicap format judged by Life Time.
- The New York City Triathlon has a professional triathlete race. All pros will enter through a private registration link. Email Sarah Labowsky at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a link.
- Please Note: Professional athletes will follow the same course as Age Group athletes. This is a non-drafting race. The temperature cut off for pros to wear wetsuits is 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Wetsuits are not permitted in waters above 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Skinsuits and speedsuits are legal at all temperatures.
- If you ARE NOT a pro triathlete, and you register as such, your entry fee WILL NOT be refunded, and you WILL NOT be permitted to compete as a pro or amateur in the 2014 New York City Triathlon.
NYC Triathlon Prize Purse:
$15,000 male and $15,000 female. Each broken down as follows:
Additionally, the top three finishing male and female pros from 2014 will receive complimentary entry and two complimentary hotel room nights for the 2015 NYC Triathlon. These are for the qualifying athletes only and are non-transferable.
Why stop with the NYC TRI?
Compete in the Life Time Tri Series Championship
For 2014, professional triathletes will have six nationwide Life Time Tri events to choose from to earn points toward the Life Time Tri Series Championship.
April 6 - Life Time Tri South Beach
May 5 - Life Time Tri CapTex - Austin, TX
July 12 - Life Time Tri Minneapolis*
Aug. 3 - Life Time Tri New York*
Aug. 24 - Life Time Tri Chicago
Oct. 19 - Life Time Tri Oceanside*
*These are Toyota Triple Crown Races. Please see description below.
Athletes can earn points at a minimum of three and up to five of the 2014 Life Time Tri Series events, including the Series Championship event, Life Time Tri Oceanside. The prize purse for these events is $400,000, including $200,000 available at the 2014 Life Time Tri Series Championship at Life Time Tri Oceanside.
1. Start at least three events, including Life Time Tri Oceanside
2. Top five events count toward standings
3. Tiebreaker is Life Time Tri Oceanside
.Questions About Our Pro Options?
Email the pro race coordinator, Sarah Labowsky at email@example.com