2013 Aquaphor NYC Triathlon Lottery Process
The lottery will be open for 8 days, opening November 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM EST and closing November 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.
*We've extended our Lottery Registration period until Thursday, November 8th at 11:59 p.m. EST to help accommodate those who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy. Selections will take place Friday, November 9th and athletes will be notified of their selection status by Monday, November 12th.*
- You may enter the lottery online. There is a non-refundable online fee of $11.00 per athlete.
- You may also enter the lottery via mail-in application. To request an application and more details, email email@example.com by September 1, 2012.
- Applicants may register for the lottery as an Individual, as a Relay, or as a group.
- If you are selected in the lottery as an individual, or part of group, your credit card will automatically be charged the registration fee + USAT fee [if applicable] + active.com processing fees.
- If you are selected in the lottery as a relay, your credit card will automatically be charged the registration fee + USAT fee [if applicable] + active.com processing fees.
Individual Registration Instructions:
Athlete will register themselves in the Individual category and choose one of the following divisions: Age Group, Elite Age Group (must have qualifying time), Clydesdale/Athena (men over 220lbs and women over 165lbs.) or First Responders. If selected through the lottery, athlete will be charged $305.24 (includes Active.com processing fee) and any applicable USAT fees.
Relay Registration Instructions:
Only one athlete needs to register the relay team for the lottery and should do so in the Relay category. The relay captain, registering the team, will complete registration information for all members. The relay captain will be charged the full registration fee of $369.29 (includes Active.com processing fee) and any applicable USAT fees if the relay team is selected. Relay entrants should not enter as a Group.
Group Registration Instructions:
Group registration is for families, friends or other small groups (between 2-5 members) that ONLY want to race if they can do so together. Group entries will enter the lottery as individuals, in the Groups of 2-5 category.
Each group member must enter the Group Name on the registration form. THIS NAME MUST MATCH EXACTLY AMONG ALL MEMBERS OF YOUR GROUP! For example, if your group name is “NYCTriTeam” the group name “Nyc tri team” will not work. You will also be asked to select the number of people in your group. The number in the group must match EXACTLY on every member's form.
When the lottery selection takes place, the GROUP NAME will be the name entered in the lottery. If the group name is selected, every member in that group will be selected and entered in the race.
If selected through the lottery, athlete will be charged $305.24 (includes Active.com processing fee) and any applicable USAT fees.
Note: You can only sign up as either an individual or as part of a group – not both. You will not be able to change your status from individual registrant to group registrant once you have signed up. Individuals who sign up as both an individual and as a member of a group will have all of their registrations disqualified.
- The lottery includes a non-refundable online fee of $11 per athlete, with the exception of a relay team which pays an $11 fee for the entire team. (The lottery fee is not applied towards the race entry fee. Only one application per person. Any fees processed due to individuals submitting duplicate applications are non-refundable.)
- Each registrant will be required to fill out the registration form for The Aquaphor New York City Triathlon in its entirety. You must complete this form as if you are registering for the triathlon.
- All applicants will be notified via e-mail by Monday, November 12 as to their registration status.
- If You Don’t Receive an Email: Check your spam folder! If there’s nothing there, athletes can also find out if they were selected by visiting the confirm entry page.
- All registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable; details here.
Stay Informed! Join our email newsletter and we'll make sure you get all the information you need to maximize your chances in the lottery.
Questions about the Lottery? Email Sarah