Deferral Process & Policy
If you cannot race in the 2014 New York City Triathlon, you can defer your entry to receive a guaranteed entry into the 2015 race. If you defer, no registration fees carry over. There are no refunds or transfers (see our strict policy below).
- The last day to defer your entry is July 31, 2014.
- Athletes may defer for any reason.
- Once a deferral is submitted, the decision is final.
- A deferral is good for the following year only.
- Deferral entries may not be transferred to another athlete.
- An athlete who has deferred his or her entry must pay the full registration fee to enter in 2015; no refund on 2014 entry fee.
No Refund and No Transfer PolicyThe New York City Triathlon and USAT (the official governing body of triathlon in the United States) have a strict no refund and no transfer policy. Athletes may not give or sell their entry to anyone else. Any athlete who is found to have given away or sold their race entry will be permanently banned from competing in the New York City Triathlon.
Please note that IDs will be checked at both packet pickup and at bike check-in. Additionally, "permanent clasp" wristbands will be placed on all athletes at packet pickup. Athletes will not be able to participate in the race if this band becomes lost or broken.
Did You Purchase Race Registration Insurance?
Click here for details